Wednesday, September 5, 2007

No Baby Over Labor Day Weekend!!

The trip was uneventful on the home front in the way of a life altering event. Our baby decided that he would let his mom and dad rest easy so nothing would be missed by his parents. Well, most of the weekend was uneventful. Amy threw good punches at me while I was in da UP. The late evening text messages to let me know she was having contractions at a rate of two an hour and then noting later that they didn’t hurt and they were just Braxton Hicks contractions. This is bad enough without mentioning while on the phone, faking a contraction… It sounded fake, but I wasn’t taking any chances and Amy had to let me in on her secret VERY quickly. Needless to say, I wasn’t taking anything for granted. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to rent a car since they were all gone...

The reunion was very much a success. Out of 777 possible members, less those that have passed onto chapter eternal and others that have been lost due to moves, etc., there were approximately 35% in attendance (roughly about 250 including actives). The weather was dry and warm which can sometimes be a challenge for the area on Labor Day. Weather was great, food was great and the beverages were flowing.

So, all of the worry and debating about going and the decision to go was a good one. It would have been disappointing to not go and nothing happen, so we are happy that everything was fine.

No comments: