Thursday, September 6, 2007

Girls Weekend!!

Well most of you know exactly what Doug did over Labor Day weekend. It has been an 8 month debate but he got clearance to go to Michigan Tech to celebrate his fraternity's 50th reunion. It was a really big deal and I'm very glad he was able to go. While he was off romping it up with his buddies and enjoying a funfilled guys trip (probably his last for a while) I was home taking it easy.

Doug left on Thursday afternoon and I spent most of Thursday on the couch crying !!! Damn pregnancy hormones...I mean I wanted him to go, but I didn't want him to go!!! Ya know what I mean?? I felt kinda scared, being all alone. I didn't feel like I should do anything. I decided to go get chinese (my favorite) and some movies. I spent all night on the couch, as I was instructed to do so by Doug.

Friday came and I had had enough of laying around. I started putsing around the house. I wanted to straighten up for my mom. She was coming over to stay the night and even though she said she would pick up my house for me so I could relax, I still felt like I needed to clean up a little bit!! Mom got there early evening and went right to work. She just started going through the baby's room and seperating all the newborn size and 0-3 month size clothes and made piles. I mean piles and piles of baby clothes !!!! You could hardly see my kitchen floor, clearly my mom was on a mission. She was pulling bags out of corners and out of closets and going nuts organizing!!! Thank god for mom!!! She emptied out all of the drawers in our baby's dresser and changing table combo so they could be filled up with clean, folded, organized baby's clothes and necessities. She did laundy and worked in the babies room until after 11 and we didn't go to bed until after midnight!!! We called it a night and my mom was up and at it again in the morning. In total my mom did 10 loads of baby laundry!!! Clothes, sheets, blankets, bibs, covers and more clothes.....whew!!! Then she put everything away and organized everything for Doug and I. Those empty drawers are now filled with washed folded clothes organized by size just waiting for the baby to come home. She was amazing....I love my mom!!!!

Saturday early afternoon my mom left and I was only lonesome for about 2 hours when my sister Abby and niece Sydney came over to spend the rest of the day and night with me. I was kinda in the mood to get out of the house so when Abby and Sydney suggested making a quick trip to Old Navy to go school shopping for Syd, I was totally up for it. We were only going to go for an hour or so and hit the sales so my little Sydbear would look adorable for school. She's entering the 3 grade and going to a new school....it's a very big deal!!! After Old Navy, it just seemed right to walk next door and go to Target. I felt a little pooped but after a 15 minute break sitting down and drinking a very yummy fountain pop (i was having a craving) I was ready to go again. I got a mirror for the baby's room and a couple pair of pajama's to pack for the hospital. I needed to find some big comfy pj's that had button down shirts so it will be easy to breast feed and not have to flash everyone all my goods !!!!! After this short and very productive shopping trip I was feeling good and thought it would be nice to take my girls to the mall and hit another store where we could find some cute and cheap fashions for Sydney....plus they have a kick butt food court and I was getting hungry!!! We ate first....I had more chinese food!! I can't help it, I love that stuff and I was having another craving, I think my little boy really likes chinese too!!! After our fancy food court dinner we hit one store and then headed home. My energy boost had left me and I was feeling really exhausted. The best part of the day was about to happen. Abby and Sydney surprised me with a spa evening right in my very own living room. They brought fresh strawberries, grapes and melted chocolate dipping sauce. Then we filled up my foot bath and Abby gave Sydney and I pedicures!!! She is really fantastic at it; she could make some good cash on the side doing these for family and friends. It was amazing. She massaged my feet with lotion for an hour while I sat back on the couch and relaxed and ate strawberries dipped in chocolate....it was heaven on earth. She also spent 30 minutes on my back which was also amazing. When my sister was through with me I felt like a big noodle...and it was absolutely fantastic. All we could do next was go to bed and sleep like babies after our pampering. And thats exactly what I did!!! I woke up to Abby working in the babies room. She had cleaned out all the shelves in his closet and made his bed. She put the mattress cover and sheet on, tied on the crib bumper and sheet saver. The crib is totally ready for my baby...I got a little emotional!! Imagine that!! She also got all the diapers, wipes and other diaper changing necessities all organized and put away. Then she cleared out the corners of the babies room and nicely put everything away so as we need stuff it will be easy for us to get to it. SO !!! In 48 hours my babies room as been completely transformed and is ready for him!! Oh yeah....another thing my wonderful sister did for me was bring over the fixin's for biscuits and gravy. Yep, she is awesome at duplicating my mom's homemade southern recipe for breakfast gravy and us three girls sat at the table and had a fantastic southern breakfast of biscuits, gravy, bacon, toast and eggs (for them, i don't like eggs). YUM!!!

After my sister and niece left the rest of my weekend was spent relaxing, hanging out in my babies room, and working on homework. I was feeling so elated at how productive my mom and sister was. They told me they were gonna come over and stay a couple nights with me while Doug was away and help me get the babies room together. But I had no idea the two of them were on a mission to get that nursery completely done and ready. We could bring the baby home today and everything would be ready for him....well almost everything, I'm not sure if Doug is ready yet!!!

So if any of you were worried about me, knowing that Doug was outta town....I had a wonderful girls weekend with my mom, sister and niece!!! I relaxed, got pampered, enjoyed a little alone time and most importantly watched as my babies room completely came together. Big hugs and kisses to my girls!! I don't know what I would do without them!

No comments: