Saturday, September 8, 2007

Pediatrician Found!!

The baby has a doctor!! For the last couple of weeks I've been researching pediatricians and local child medical centers, and I'm very excited about my final choice. Yesterday I actually went to two different offices to meet with the staff and was very pleased with my decision to go with Royal Oak Pediatrics. The practice includes 4 doctors and a wonderful staff of ladies that I already love. They gave me a tour of the whole practice and a nice and complete explanation of how they run their practice. They are affiliated with the Royal Oak Beaumont hospital which is a big bonus because Doug and I already love the hospital so much. All four doctor's are also on staff there and do hospital rotations. In fact, when the baby is born whichever doctor is on call that day will come right to the hospital and give him a newborn baby check up and will be the one to give the discharge order so we can take our bundle of joy home. PLUS....they gave me presents!! I'm a sucker for gifts and they gave me a backpack filled with stuff for the baby, including a blanket and book, plus tons of literature for Doug and I to use for reference. So we're all set...I think Doug was getting a little nervous about finding a good doctor for the baby because he left it in my hands and we're getting really close to the end of this journey but I totally have it under control!! And I'm thrilled with the outcome and I feel really confident that we will build a wonderful relationship with this pediatrician's practice, doctors and staff!!

No comments: