Monday, September 17, 2007

What Timing... :(!

Could there be any worse timing?!?! I mean, we could be leaving at any minute to go to the hospital and here I am fighting a cold. There would be nothing worse than to be so sick that I wasn't able to be there when our child is born. Fortunately, it did seem like my cold has been going through the "cold cycle" pretty rapidly. Just to hedge my bet a little bit, I actually took a half day of vacation to get some rest today. It worked for a little while once I finally got home. I figured I would be feeling much better now... The chicken noodle soup really seemed to help, but I don't think the drugs are helping like they used to... :(!

Amy is of course feeling tired and actually helped me out yesterday getting me drugs from the medicine cabinet, etc. She was really kicking my butt to just relax yesterday and I wasn't listening because there was so much that needed to be done around here. I had very good intentions of mowing the lawn and cleaning the house. Of which, neither happened. I focused more on the important stuff like putting the car seat base in Amy's car and vacuuming out the crap that had accumulated. There were a few other baby errands that needed to be done and were completed. One of which was getting a round Cottage Inn pizza for mom, but there is a story here ;)!

Okay, so we were at a M vs. ND football gathering on Saturday and mom-to-be wanted a hot fudge sundae and a round Cottage Inn pizza. She asked for the phone book and got the number so that we could time it for when we would be back at home and it would be hot and ready. This of course was after she had gotten her hot fudge sundae. Well, we stopped to Dairy Queen, but they weren't the best of places to go. A "Q-tip lady" was at the counter for the third time so that they could get her order right and they still got it wrong. This, coupled with no one getting served in 10-15 minutes wore on the pregnant ones nerves and she had enough. We left without getting her ice cream. Dad quickly started thinking about plan B. McDonald's cone might be an okay substitute and they even have sundaes. Well, dad was quickly turned down. As we got closer to home, mom changed her mind after some coersion and she at least got some ice cream. By this time, she was pretty tired and feeling icky, so we just went home... without the sundae or the pizza. So, Sunday she really needed to have it, so she did!

Okay, so back to the bad timing... Amy wasn't feeling the greatest this morning and rolled over and went back to sleep after I left. She woke up and realized that she missed her appointment at the hospital. So, she is now rescheduled for Wednesday.

Still no baby, but the practice contractions are still happening on occasion... Let's hope that we can both get some GREAT rest tonight!!! We need to be ready when the little one decides it's time for us to go to the hospital.

No comments: