Saturday, September 22, 2007

Highlights - Cousin Gets Published!

A blast from the past and looks like still around for the future. Do you remember when you were young and when you went to the doctor they had magazines for kids? Do you remember the one that had puzzles and fun games called Highlights? To Amy and I's surprise, Highlights Magazine is still around for kids and is now online as well. I'm sure many of you that have older kids than ours, probably already know this.

How many of you know of any kids that have gotten published in the magazine? Up to this point, I haven't know any, but I am very excited to say that I know one. It is my first cousin's daughter Maria who was 8 at the time of the submission. She submitted a drawing to illustrate a poem called "The Oak Hotel" by Clare Mishika. Click on the titel of this blog or click here to see Maria's great creation. You may need to page through a bit once you get there, so look for Maria, Age 8 Michigan.

A job well done Maria!!!

No comments: