Saturday, September 29, 2007

Why Am I Up Now?

It is now 5:44 am on Saturday... I'm at home and it is less than 24 hours after the birth of our son. You are probably saying to yourself, "Why is that fool up now when he could be getting a good nights rest?" It's pretty simple, my wife and baby are not here and the only place there are pictures or the ability to see them is online. I simply woke up and my mind starting thinking about the events of yesterday and how I would like to be back at the hospital. At the same time, I am sitting with Frankie and making sure she is okay and getting rid of some energy as she had a long day yesterday as well with hardly no one around... It is still too early to head back to the hospital because hopefully mom and baby are still sleeping. We decided it was best for me to come home and tend to our pet while we allowed Jacob to go to the nursery for the night. This was to allow mom to get some rest and not feel the need to be up all night with him. He is in the nursery and is "feed on demand" and will be brought to the room if mom is needed for a feeding.

So, here I am checking out the pictures of yesterday, feeling the present and looking forward to the future...

No comments: