Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My First Halloween!

The day of many events started off with my bath so that I would be clean when mommy showed me off at her work. Hopefully, everyone appreciated that... ;)! Yep, our first stop was a visit to Danmar Products. We didn't even really make it in the door before there were many people crowding around me peeking over the side of my car seat. Mommy's boss told dad that he could scoot in past the foyer. I think he just wanted daddy to get me in closer to him so that he could see me better... right Dan? Hidie was the first to hold me. Actually, she might have been the only one to hold me because she wouldn't let anyone else touch me. Of course, I then got hungry and mom and dad got me back. Everyone was a very nice to me and my mommy and daddy. They had doughnuts, cookies and cider for everyone there and for us. Thank you to the people of Danmar for making my first visit a welcomed one. Sorry if I don't remember everyone's names yet. Maybe on my next visit, my daddy can take pictures of everyone with me!!

After our visit with everyone at Danmar, we ventured down the road to grandma's house. I decided that I would be good at grandma's house at least today because it is her birthday. Grandma decided that she wanted to hog me a bit (I don't mind...) and she sent mommy and daddy upstairs to take a little nap. Grandma and I just hung out and chatted. Then we ate dinner and had some Boston Creme Pie that Grandpa Randy had made from scratch and were "On The Road Again..."
Another little jaunt down the backroads and we arrived at my cousin's house so that we could go trick or treating. I basically just hung out in my stroller as we all walked around while Sydney and Colton filled their bags with goodies. They did pretty well. I can't wait 'til I can get some teeth and bite into some of that stuff... Mom did take me to my first house to trick or treat. Of course, mommy had to say "trick or treat" for me, but I got my first candy. Mom ate the sucker and gave the licorice away to Coltman. The guy took his mask off so I wasn't scared, but mom said it was okay to put it on because I am getting bigger! and am going to be a real "tough guy".

While we were walking around, I got to meet my Great Uncle Larry! I think he was surprised we stopped by to see him. We didn't get to chat too long because Syd and Coltman were starting to get a little tired out from all of the walking. It was still nice to at least stop by and meet him.

Back to Aunt Ab and Uncle Jer's house to help grandpa and grandma finish passing out candy to the trick or treaters. Grandma was passing so much out that she even had to raid Aunt Abby's stash so that she could make a few more kids happy. After we ran out of candy, it was time for birthday cake for Uncle Jerry, Grandma and Daddy's birthdays. After a round of "Happy Birthday", cake and ice cream, we loaded up and headed back home. I slept quite a bit so that everyone was able to have a good night. Now it is time for me to make up for it and keep mommy and daddy up all night... hee hee hee!!!! My "devil's night" a night late....

No comments: