Saturday, October 20, 2007

Counting Our Blessings!!

You just never know what and when something can happen. I remember eating breakfast at the Kaleva with a number of fraternity brothers during our reunion this past Labor Day Weekend. One conversation I remember is the excitement that one spoke of about his wife's pregnancy and just finding out that he was going to be a proud father of twin's (a boy and a girl). With Amy only a month away from her due date and his wife at around 16 weeks (assumption on my part since I don't remember exactly), we shared our thoughts and experiences of becoming parents. After sharing Jacob's arrival with the fraternity e-mail list, Tadd responded noting his congrats and that he had also developed a blog for his growing family. I have been checking his blog from time to time to see how things have been going and things have been going fine...

At lunch a couple of days ago, I took the opportunity to view The Tad Poles (pretty cute, eh? given dad's name, Tadd) to check in and see how the pregnancy and their lives were changing. I was baffled at what I was reading. It started off just not making sense to me and I quickly knew there was something big that I had missed... What happened in the week since I viewed last? What is this hospital talk all about? Did I really miss 19 weeks? After going back a few of their entries, I found that Hava (Tadd's wife) has been in the hospital since Friday (the 12th) and that the water broke for one of the twins, Loen at only 22 weeks pregnant. Needless to say, this is pretty serious and has Hava has been put on strict bedrest. The doctors are hoping Hava is able to keep the twins in the womb for at least another 31 days which will get them to 28 weeks, still 12 weeks early!! The outlook from the medical staff is "cautiously optimistic".

Amy, Jacob and I are counting our blessings that we did not need to endure any event(s) such as this. We also want convey our sincerest wishes of health and safety for Tadd, Hava and the twins for their success in being a cozy, happy and healthy family in the near future.

Please join us in keeping Tadd, Hava and the twins (Loen and Derby) in your thoughts and prayers through this delicate time so that we can keep them and the pregnancy healthy!!

No comments: