Monday, October 1, 2007

First Night At Home!

We made it through the first night without too many battle scars. Actually, it was pretty uneventful for the most part. I forced mom to give up Jacob for a while and lay down to rest in the early evening. She really didn't want to, but she needed to get some much needed sleep. It wasn't long before she was bringing down the house with her "breathing" ;)! I was on the loveseat with Jacob when she went to sleep. She woke up abruptly for some reason and noticed that we weren't where we were when she went to sleep. I was waving to her from the dining room to let her know where I was at. She was still frantic wanting to know where Jacob was. I told her everything is alright as he is here with me. It took her a few moments to settle down, but she did...

We went to bed around 11 pm. This was a little stresful for mom because she knew she needed to leave her comfort zone. Mom was pretty much only in the living, except to go to the bathroom all day. The next big was a big step as there was no comfort zone like at the hospital because Jacob was in the nursery as "feed on demand" which gave her 5 hours one night and 6 the next for Jacob to be in the nursery. Now, she/we were on our own. It was a little struggle to get her to go, but "Brothers And Sisters" was almost over, so she gave in. I went upstairs to do a few things to prepare and her mom sniffling at the bottom of the stairs with Jacob. I told her not to worry, everything was alright and that I would come down and get Jacob so that she could focus on herself. This was the first time she had to go up the stairs since she had been home. I got Jacob ready for bed and had him in the basinette/play pen all ready for the night before mom even got to the bedroom. Mom checked around looking for something to do, but everything was already taken care of. So, there was nothing else to do, but to get into bed.

There was only one little glitch in the night. We were both sleeping pretty soundly. Frankie started making a little noise which I didn't think was a big deal. However, mom thought it was Jacob and bolted to the end of the bed to check on our son. Of course, this really startled me and I did the same only to find that everything was okay and that we could go back to bed.

Mom was up much of the night just holding Jacob and cuddling with him. She was able to get about 3-4 hours of sleep and that's about what I was able to get too. So, for the most part our first night was probably about as easy as it could go and we weren't too paranoid...

No comments: