Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mission Impossible... Accomplished!!

Oh what a tangled web of getting something completed on the down low. As you may or may not have seen, I purchased a mother/child pendant and a strong chain (don't remember the style, but I got it because it was stronger) along with the service plan. This was due to knowing that a baby was on the way. This was given to mom for Mother's Day.

The plan was to take the mother/child pendant once the baby, who we now know as Jacob, was born and we/I knew the official month of birth to get his birthstone added to the pendant. I wasn't sure how this would work, but was told that the mother has to take all of her jewelry off during the delivery and I could take in to the store then and could have it back in a couple of days...

I'm not sure how this was still really a secret at this point, but fortunately mom was still in the dark or just forgot because of her baby brain ;)! We needed to get our jewelry cleaned and checked. The store manager recognized me and the pendant and came over along with many others that night and said that Amy needed to get a stone in it... I wanted to get out of there faster than a fraidy cat with a ghost following it on Halloween!!! I thought for sure my cover would be totally blown and now it would be Amy's idea. The saving grace was that Jacob's due date was right between months. So, we were able to get out of there unharmed.

Now for the birth... Amy did not have to take off any of her jewelry including the necklace and some earrings. What to do? What to do...???? I know, I will ask Amy's sister to help!! Well, either right before or right after the birth, Amy made a comment that she was very glad to have the mother/child pendant that she could wear since she couldn't/wasn't allowed to wear her wedding ring and that there was NO way that she was taking it off. The day after the birth came a prime opportunity for Abby to ask Amy to take it off and without any hesitation, a firm "NO!!" came from Amy. So, I backed off and figured I would work something out after everyone went home from the hospital.

A few days passed and I gave in and told Amy what I wanted to do. After a few more days went by, we went in and got the estimate, etc. I was a little frustrated because the couple of days turned into a couple of weeks, etc. However, we now have the updated piece of jewelry in hand.

Amy had no idea all of the stuff/stories that I had about the whole ordeal. She was very touched with all of the effort that I put into her pendant/necklace after I told her and just couldn't believe all of what went on... Here is the final (although a little dirty) product...

No comments: