Saturday, November 17, 2007

7 Weeks Old

Jacob is now seven weeks old and very much a growing boy. It was only two weeks ago when we went to a MSU vs. M party and Jacob's Michigan outfit was pretty big on him and there was a little concern that it was too big. Not so today though!! The onesie part of it is getting short, but the jacket and pants are things we can use for a little longer. Good thing today was the last game of the season for more than one reason...

The cradle crap on Jacob's face and the rest of him has subsided for the most part. The cortisone ointment really helped/helps. Hopefully, we won't really need to use it anymore. At least we still have the stuff to treat it if need be.

Well, I missed blogging about my first trip out with Jacob by myself, so I might just have a to type a little about the first and second... ;)! The first trip out was last Sunday because we needed some groceries. So, I decided that the timing was good and I didn't think Jacob would be too fussy. Well, the trip was a good one as Jacob was awake most of the time. He doesn't like being in his car seat if it isn't moving, so waiting in line was a little noisy, but nothing horrific at all. The second trip (today) was back to the same Kroger. This time, mom wasn't feeling well at all so I asked if she wanted me to take him and she said if I didn't mind. So, I took him again, but this time he fell right asleep after we got out the door and slept most of the time we were gone. I think I must have pooped him out playing with him earlier because we have been home an hour and he is still sleeping away...

Let's hope my "buddy" gets better because we are supposed to be going to the Lion's game tomorrow together for my birthday... I thought about renting a movie and hanging out, but I figured she would just sleep through it like I normally do, so why bother... We BOTH could be sleeping through it... So today, I have been pretty much a solo parent as I started the day at 4:00 am and have been playing keep away from mommy so Jacob hopefully doesn't get sick...

No comments: