Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Doctor Says Go!!

The doctor has given the okay for me to go to my fraternity reunion. However, there is one more appointment scheduled only three hours before the launch of the trip. This will be one last chance to get information that will cause me to stay put for Labor Day Weekend. I am still a little uneasy about going even with Amy and the doctor saying it is okay, but I am going to venture on at this point. I will be packed and ready to go on Thursday when I leave for work (or maybe the doctor) with the hopes that there won't be any doubt that it will be okay for me to still go. There will definitely be butterflies in my stomach with much anticipation of the last second call of whether or not to go.

I can see that Amy is still somewhat suffering from "baby brain". I'm not sure if it was due to the length of her blog or her baby brain, but she missed a whole day of doctor visits. On the day she was just relaxing (Thursday) after the birth class was done, she spent a good amount of the day getting an echocardiogram done and finding out the results from the cardiologist for both the echo and the patient activated heart monitor. It was bittersweet news. Amy's heart is normal and isn't showing any stress from the pregnancy. This was GREAT news!! On the flip side, there was no offer of an explanation of what it could be. It was like pulling teeth to find out if the things he was seeing would be something that Amy would be able to feel. We left feeling GREAT about the health of Amy's heart, but was a little displeased with the doctor.

No comments: