Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Fantastic Baby Shower!!

Last Sunday Doug and I had the privilege of being given another baby shower!!! Doug's mom Mary, put together a very sweet and special day just for us to celebrate our baby's expected arrival and to hopefully help us get better prepared for it. Not to mention that Grandma-to-be got to flaunt her own excitement of waiting for her first grand baby. It was a wonderful day, and I was so touched by the amount of people that came to be a part of our special day! It really means alot to Doug and I to know that we have so many family and friends supporting us and sharing in this wonderful and thrilling time of our lives. I also got the opportunity to meet more of Doug's family, and friends of the family, and that was a nice treat for me as I've heard so much about them. It was very thoughtful of them to come and bring such love and support!! Mary did a great job decorating for the shower and showcased some very sentimental items from the past, including childhood items of Doug's and a nice tribute to his father, who is always close to our hearts.

We got so many terrific gifts !!! I thought I was going to be there all day opening presents! It was so much fun and Doug and I really appreciate all the items we received, trust me, we will put them all to good use. It is such a soothing feeling as a first time mom-to-be knowing that we will have the essentials necessary to take the best possible care of our little man when he gets here, and we have all of our family and friends to thank for that. So thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts!!

It truly was a very special day for Doug and I, filled with love, laughter and emotion. I can't say enough how blessed Doug and I feel to have such thoughtful people in our lives. We are so overwhelmed with happiness as we enter this most exciting time of our lives....we can't wait for this sweet little baby to get here. We both are so looking forward to being parents and we find such encouragement from all of you!! So thank you so much to everyone who came and participated in yet another monumental day leading up to our baby's arrival. It is so crazy for me to think about just how soon he will actually be here in my arms. As most of you know, my husband is the BEST at getting updates on this blog and sharing our experiences, so he'll be to let you know when our baby gets here !!!! Until the next update.....baby kicks and hugs !!!!

No comments: