Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This Just In...

Jacob was getting some tummy time while I was uploading some video of him. During this time, he was starting to push himself up a little bit so that he could arch his back more and see mom studying her math at the table easier. Mom came in to see what he was doing and was happy to see his improvement and back to the table she went.

Jacob and I continued hanging out on the floor and slowly with dad watching, but what was about to happen not registering.... Jacob rolled from his belly to his back. It surprised me because it was so slow that I didn't really realize what I was watching. If I had, I would have certainly hurried his mother into the living room to watch this big step in development. We think it was definitely as much of a surprise to him as it was us as he began crying and looking scare as he didn't know what just happened. I'm sure the fact that he was about ready to take a nap had something to do with it as well.

WOOHOO!! JACOB ROLLED OVER...

We'll have to see if there is repeat performances tomorrow night so that mommy can watch too!! It all depends how much his grandma and cousin Colton wear him out before his mom picks him up after school...

No comments: