Friday, January 25, 2008

My Four Month Appointment

I woke up this morning very happy as my daddy came to my crib with a 5 oz bottle to feed me. I was very happy because it tasted so good and I usually don’t get fed in the morning by him during the week. I didn’t quite take the whole bottle because I wanted to smile and play with dad. We didn’t get to too much because mom changed my outfit and doused me in goo for my skin. Dad then loaded me up in my car seat so I knew were going somewhere and I was happy about that. Little did I know where we were going though… Mom and dad did tell me where we were going, but I didn’t realize everything…

I became a little concerned as to what was going on when we got to the doctor’s office. I knew this was a place I had been to before, but I was okay with being there as dad was playing with me. We then went into a blue room with lots of faces on the walls and dad got me out of my car seat. It wasn’t too long and this very nice lady came in and dad got me into my birthday suit. I love being in my birthday suit, so I was happy. The lady kept talking to me and moving me around a bit getting measurements. She kept telling me how much of a good boy I was. I guess I must have really grown because mom and dad seemed to be surprised at my statistics. I am not 14#, 3-1/2 oz which puts me in the 50th percentile. Along with that I am 25-3/4” long (75th percentile) and my head is 16-3/4” around (75th percentile). It looks like I am a growing boy and might be big when I grow up like daddy.

After the nice lady left, the doctor came and checked my ears, throat and abdomen, etc. out. I don’t like that abdomen thing so much because I feel like I need to poo… Oh well, it doesn’t last long. Everything checked out okay!!! Hoorah!! During my exam, the doctor asked how much I was eating (4-5 oz, every 2-1/2 to 3 hours). The doctor was like oh, that much? Then he said to start feeding me rice and fruit. I’m not sure what that means because they mentioned something about a spoon. Whatever could this mean?!?! Mom and dad had bewildered looks on their faces as if they were shocked that I am getting bigger. They thought that I wouldn’t be doing this new thing for a while yet…

The doctor left and for some reason, daddy didn’t dress me back up right away. Then, the nice lady came back in with a tray. Mom and dad’s faces changed and mom moved and started shedding some tears. I started getting scared, but dad kept his hand on me and said it was going to be okay. Boy, if I knew then, what I know now… I was okay and strong with the first shot, then the second. All of a sudden before I knew it, there was another poke in my other leg!! Can you believe it? I couldn’t… I started whaling because this really sucked!! Then, a fourth poke came as if the first three weren’t enough!!! I really let them know I wasn’t happy then. They put some lame bandages on me thinking that would help and then handed me off to mom because she was crying. So we cried together, but I was much more because I was the one that got poked. After a few moments dad got me dressed while I was still showing my displeasure. I eventually gave in to my madness because dad was putting me into a motion I just couldn’t resist relaxing with. Now that I am getting bigger, I am going to have to remember that sometimes that nice lady isn’t so nice…

So, there is the detail of my four month appointment. Well, if I decide I want to be an engineer in the future, I should be a little more technical. Today’s appointment was my 3 month and 4 week less 4 hours appointment ;)! Who knows what I will be/want to be when I grow up. I still have a lot to learn of what life has to offer!

No comments: