Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Simple Life Concept

Jacob decided to sit in the corner of the bedroom this morning to play. He was pretending that he was driving his car made out of pillows. It was pretty comfy as he was laying way back in the seat driving his hoopty (sp?). As Amy and I were moving around the house (okay, so Amy was in the shower), Jacob kept reminding me and then mommy (after she was out) that he was driving. He was pretty content for a while until he obviously ran out of gas or felt that he needed to stop and get some. He got out/up and said, "Daddy, I'm going to get some gas." Before long, he came back with a dixie cup of gas from his room and poured the gas into his tank. He was sure to tell me that he was filling his car up so that he could drive to work and make some money so that he could buy gas... My jaw hit the floor as I was just in awe. How could this little boy, well, maybe little man after showing his understanding of a much larger concept, get this?

No comments: