Sunday, February 28, 2010

Off To A Great Start... Or Maybe Not...

Jacob's first night in his new fandangle bed went off without a hitch. We didn't hear a peep the whole night. He woke up like normal, stayed in his bed and started yelling for mommy. No problems at all...

Night number two, Jacob went to bed just fine as usual. It was a little while later when Amy heard a thud and then some wailing (I didn't hear him because I had already fallen asleep on the couch). Amy rushed upstairs and almost through the door... Good thing she didn't barge through the door to save Jacob because he was reaching for the door on his way out. Amy was able to quickly settle him down and put him back to bed. This happened a couple more times in the middle of the night. (...and now I am really wondering why Amy was so quick to give "the eye" when I mentioned getting a side rail when we were at the store looking at them earlier, not such a bad idea now, eh?)

I hear Jacob's door open and whispered to Amy that I think I heard Jacob's door. I kept waiting for Jacob to walk through our open door, but I didn't see him AND I wasn't hearing him. So, I got up to see what was going on. I found Jacob turned around and on his way downstairs (oops! Amy forgot the gate) to find his mommy. We both went downstairs as he was looking for his mommy. I told Jacob that she was upstairs in bed sleeping. He was fine with that and it wasn't long before he asked daddy to make him a pancake for breakfast.

No comments: