Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Great Day To Be Outside

After getting a call in the early afternoon from Amy that she had a migraine and was fighting it for hours, I was on my home to help. The weather was great and since Jacob hasn’t been outside much lately, I decided he should go to the park and play. So, I changed him out of his pajamas and we were off to enjoy the remainder of the day. Unfortunately, Amy had to stay back and take care of herself. For those of you that have lived a migraine, you know what she went/is going through… For those of you that haven’t like me, I/we can only imagine, but do know that it takes a lot out of a person.

After Jacob and I along with Anyssa (she got home from school right before we left) went to the park, we decided to hang out in the back yard a while. We were hoping to let Jacob play in the leaves, but all he wanted to do was play in the rocks or the dirt. We did get him out on his 4-wheeler too! It’s funny because he had a lot more room to roam and he didn’t really keep the button pushed. When he is inside, it is hammer down for Jacob when he keeps trying to drive through the furniture, walls, etc. We must have really worn him out because he wanted me to keep reading books to him (part of the bedtime ritual) so that he could go to bed. I really tried stretching not going to bed as long as I could, but he was either going to fall asleep in the living room or I was going to feed him and put him to bed early… We were able to stretch it out until about a ½ hour before his regular bedtime. After all, we didn’t want him to be up in the middle of the night rested and ready to go for the day…

Amy is feeling a little better, but still has to rest and get some more recovery time in...

No comments: