Saturday, June 28, 2008

9 Months

I can't believe that Jacob has been in our lives for 9 months now. The time has really flown by as many people have shared with us that it would. We have seen Jacob make many strides toward becoming a toddler. We have seen him from not really being able to move, to making big stretches, to smiling and giggling, to interacting, to problem solving, to becoming very mobile and honing his skills as he goes. It is still somewhat unbelievable at times that we have a child/son. I have to chuckle to myself on occasion because the realization of Jacob being in our lives and not being a dream sets in. I think, where are his parents and why haven't they picked him up yet and then realize that we really are parents and quickly calm down with a heavy sigh and great warmth in knowing that he is ours!!! A guy at work that has a daughter and is about 2 - 2-1/2 will ask how he is doing and then he will say it only gets better as he smiles from ear to ear. I have to say I completely agree with him. Jacob is an amazing child and I look forward to sharing more and more with him every day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until they're 11 and think they know it all!!
it's still fun though

Anonymous said...

how true your word are . grow up to fast and leave home and the state.