Saturday, March 22, 2008

Jacob Meets The Easter Bunny!

This post should have really been added last Saturday, but this week has been hectic with work, school, etc. A couple of weeks ago when Jacob and I had a father/son day, we were at Costco and I noticed a sign that said the Easter Bunny would be here on Saturday (one week later) and that you could get your picture taken with him (her in this case). It was to raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network, so it enticed me even more. Unfortunately, it was at a Costco that was way past the closest one. I did ask if all of the Costcos were doing it and they said no.

When I got home and told Amy about the deal with the Easter Bunny, it was set. We were going to Costco the following weekend (last weekend). In the meantime, Amy went shopping for an Easter outfit for the grand meeting and to be sure that Jacob was well dressed for this first meeting. We thought getting there early would beat the crowd. Much to our surprise, at least at first, there was no crowd at all. After all, this was the Easter Bunny for charity, but not well advertised. We weren't expecting much, but the Easter Bunny and surroundings were totally awesome and well worth the trip. Here's Jacob's first meeting that of course I had to take in addition to the photographer there...

After meeting the Easter Bunny, it was time for Great Lakes Crossing. We tooled around there for about 4-5 hours or so while shopping basically for Jacob or that is how it happened. With the weather being a little warmer, we decided it was time to try the stroller out with Jacob sitting up in it and without the need for the car seat. Jacob loved this because he was able to sit up like a big boy and see where he was going instead of staring at the boring ceiling the whole time. The week before, Jacob's dad had found some good deals on clothes for basically next year and later this summer. Having the fear of getting some duplicates (which did happen), not much was purchased. Little did I know that the trip back to visit the Easter Bunny would entail Amy shopping for many hours... This was after I was given the raspberries about what I got. What do you expect when you can get articles of clothing for $0.99 and $1.99. I had a bagful for $10!! In that store alone, she spent double of what I had the week before... Of course, I had to chuckle because I just don't think she knew what was really all there.After shopping again at Great Lakes Crossing for the second time in two weeks, Jacob was done with the day. Mom... dad... I have enough of this, let's go home Jacob told us with his body language. So, we agreed and went home...

No comments: