Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fun Center From Colgate-Palmolive

The latest on the Fun Center competition is that all nine of the hospitals that were in the competition will be getting a Fun Center. They noted due to the passion of the amount votes (I think this is blowing sunshine) that all nine hospitals will receive a Fun Center. In addition, the hospital with the highest number of votes would receive a second Fun Center. So, Detroit Children's Hospital will be receiving two Fun Centers!!!

On a side note, I know Royal Oak Beaumont received a Fun Center as a part of last year's competition. Amy and I did see a TOTALLY AWESOME activity center at Royal Oak Beaumont while we were taking our tour and while Jacob was being born, etc. I don't know if this was the result of the competition or not, but it is better than anything I have seen in hospital for kids. There were high def. tvs, 3 wheelers, tons of books, play houses and many other mentionables. If there are future competitions for hospitals in our area, please let me know and I will be sure to add a link... This is something definitely worthwhile for our little ones, but let's just hope none of us have a need to use them.

No comments: