Monday, September 15, 2008

Jacob To The Rescue!!

While working on the railing in the stairway, Jacob climbed up to the top so that he could direct me how to put the screws in. He was quite the climber and didn't have any issue navigating the stairs. I'm not sure if he is practicing during the day or not, but if he isn't, might he be a natural born athlete?

After dinner, it was time to clean the stairs with the Dirt Devil. Jacob not wanting the Dirt Devil to eat his daddy came flying up the stairs, crying/screaming the whole way to stop whatever was getting his daddy. I quickly snagged him up in my arms and turned off the red beast and Jacob quickly settled down. I comforted him and told him that I was okay at that the Dirt Devil wasn't hurting me. I'm not so sure he believed me though... I started the "red monster" again under Jacob's close supervision in my arms, I was able to continue and finish with the stairs. Jacob has gone from liking the vacuum cleaner and thinking it was funny to being deathly afraid of it. We are hoping that being held and being close to the little one that the fear of the big and little one subsides. Of course, it will eventually...

Jacob was quite the little helper for his daddy as he kept close eye on the hammer, making sure he knew exactly where it was at so he could hand it to me when I was ready. Hopefully, his helpful attitude will continue in the years to come...

No comments: