Sunday, May 25, 2008

Monkey, Monkey, Monkey

Our little Jacob is turning into a monkey. This morning he was content with playing in his crib for quite some time. We could hear him playing with his mirror, balls and puppy dog that are in his crib. After a while, I wanted to peek in on him to see what he was doing. Well, I didn't really get the opportunity to peek because I found him standing, yes standing in his crib in the corner reaching for his quilt on the chair!!! I went in and stood next to him while he was playing, etc. Then I took him into see his mother and let her know what he was doing... I told her that we were going to lower the crib today!! She didn't think to much of it at this point.

Amy got up and was getting herself ready for her internship when I told her that Jacob wanted to show her what he was doing when his daddy got up. She obliged and when Jacob showed her the position he was in... "OH, MY GOODNESS..." By the fact that her eyes were bigger than her head told me that she didn't really understand the full impact of what I was trying to tell her earlier. Then, she immediately agreed that we needed to lower the bed. I told her that I should drop it down two notches which she didn't really like, but reluctantly agreed that we should. Heck, we haven't seen him pull himself up on anything yet or seen him go from his back to a sitting position by himself as she pleaded her case of only one notch... I think she might be having a little bit of a hard time realizing that her little baby isn't so little anymore. Yes, time is flying!!

Soon after Amy left, Jacob and I decided we would have a father/son project and lower the bed. He was okay with the idea as he was crawling around his room and crib chasing down his dad so that he could lend a hand. Here's a picture of Jacob in his new height crib... ;)!

No comments: